,One of the biggest forms of irony I have ever experienced was being pushed into the deep end of spiritual warfare. I was an atheist for many years and I absolutely, positively rejected anything remotely related to the spiritual realm. I literally believed that science was God and not even remotely in an analogous way. Also, I was under the foolish assumption that reason and logic were well above scripture and consequently God. After my experiencing in spiritual warfare, both as an unbeliever and a believer now, there is quite a lot I can add to an unbelieving world and disengaged church.
Two months into my spiritual rebirth I experienced something so evil and sadistic it was what the worse nightmares are made of. I could, and probably will, write an entire book about that experience alone. Suffice to say that after several stints of intense fasting and prayer, God told me that the idolatry in my life was causing this attack. I saw the words "ECCLESIASTICS" written in my mind and after I read that book he told me point blank to put all the possessions I gathered while traveling in a box and then in the trash. My postcards, money, tickets, and stubs were my most prized possession, next to my pictures. I had those on my computer, 2 hard drives, and backed up 2 times online. I had to also delete those, and after that obedience, I was shown a peep behind in the spiritual realms that was straight out the images of the Old Testament.
After barely emerging with my life and sanity, I can tell you beyond doubt that the vast majority of churches and Christians are not even in the ball game as far as spiritual warfare is concerned. Most people who fill the pews each Sunday are either non-combatants, or even worse pawns in the enemies hands. As harsh and uncomfortable to say this, it is completely and positively necessary to even begin to truly rage effective warfare. From my study in the scriptures and through personal revelation of the Holy Spirit I can say beyond a doubt that the following is trust and needs to be said.
1. The enemy we fight is nothing we can see. Perhaps because it is based in another dimension all together, this enemy is invisible and may not actually even be on this planet, but very active nevertheless. We can see this in the books of Job, Daniel and Genesis. Thinking we can vote away or protest against, vote away or handcuff these principalities is not only wishful thinking, it is foolish.
2. The primary weapon we have is the word of God. This seems so basic to say it shouldn't even need to be written. However, so many Christians are led by what their opinions are or that of politicians, friends, well meaning preachers and TV evangelists. If you truly, deeply wholeheartedly take a dive into the scriptures, you will see beyond doubt these forces were at work in the Old Testament, New and very, very much active now. You will also see that most of what most churches and Christians do makes little sense inside the realms of scripture and without regard to tradition .
3. Fasting is the equivalent of nuclear bombs. I can tell you I had a hard time fasting for 1 day. I could make it till about 6 or 7 and then always cave. However, the spiritual battle I endured gave me absolutely zero choice in doing so. I went 3 days, heard from God and then went 5 days and heard from him twice. Since then I have been on several 10 day and 20 day fasts and I am believing for God to take me to the holy grail of 40 days. Jesus said that some things come out only by prayer and fasting and if you want titanic results, be prepared to deny yourself and your stomach. The humility it takes to go to God in tears will absolutely rip apart demonic strong holds in your life and in the lives of your family and friends.
4. Prayer works, really, really works. With exception to the first few months of being a believer the vast majority of my prayers have been for God to ELIMINATE things from my life and not add a anything. God already knows my needs so its pointless for me to beg him for a car, or house or a million dollars. A very well needed caveat is in order: God will almost never answer your prayers in ways that you like. I can say God has almost always answered my prayers in a way in which I absolutely, unequivocally despise. In fact, the very fact that I experienced spiritual warfare was me obliviously praying for me to be able to surrender everything to God. I had no idea he would used that circumstance to get me to throw in all my chips, but man did it work. Another time I prayed for God to take me deeper in faith and prepare me for full time ministry. His response? He got me sick to the point of death. I hated it during the process, but the jewel he produced was well worth my physical and mental pain I endured.
5. A lot is at stake. We are not talking about the potential of gaining anything you can hold. But literally whole lives and generations of people are at risk. By idly sitting by, we are absolutely helping the other side. This isn't a battle in which you can sit out. By not actively engaging the spiritual realm we actually assist Satan and his forces. As the world and society is headed to hell in a hand basket, many believers are content to stay up to date on the latest NFL stats, political polls, Netflix releases or 401 K investments. We need a change of priorities.
6. We win. As scary and dark this seems, we know what the end result is. However, in saying so, we should certainly proceed with caution. In the parable of the talents ( Mathew 25:14–30) we see that if we sit back and do nothing, we will be severely punished. This is why there is no "time outs" or sitting on the bench. We need to win this war. 1 Peter says in 3:12 that we can actually speed the return of Jesus Christ. If we can do so, then we can also delay it. Everything we do, say and even think ultimately is influencing this spiritual battle. We know we win from the scriptures. This battle which has raged for eternity will soon be finished. What day, we do not know but we know that Christ will ultimately prevail. In the mean time, let us take note that we are needed. Sitting this one out puts us, our family, friends and countrymen in further jeopardy. To be the best solider we can, we must untangle ourselves from earthly affairs and set ourselves to the heavenly realms.
No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 2 Timothy 2:4
11/9/2022 02:15:28 am
Cold should guess team go.
Leave a Reply.
Isaiah Perez- father, husband, world citizen, servant of the most high.